Glow is the world's first national intranet for education
Most pupils in school will now have received their own username and password to access Glow. Glow is the world's first national intranet for education, developed exclusively for Scotland’s educational community and provides access to a range of tools and resources for pupils and practitioners.
A Glow Guide for Parents can be downloaded from this page and more information about GLOW can be found on the following website http://www.glowscotland.org.uk/index.asp.
Before you log on, please remember that Glow is on the internet. This means you must follow the Councils internet policy; all pupils and parents have already signed the Falkirk Council Acceptable Use Policy (of computers and the internet) and these rules also apply to the use of Glow. On logging into Glow for the first time pupils read and agreed the following statement.
‘Please remember the following when using Glow:
- Be secure: Keepyour password to yourself and don't share it with anyone.
Don't leave your computer without logging out
- Be polite: Remember that anything you do can be traced back to you.
- Be safe: Don't share your personal details with other people.
- Be legal: Only put materials on to Glow that you are allowed to.
- Be responsible: If you see something that is wrong on Glow then please tell an adult or your Glow administrator. Tell an adult or your Glow administrator of any security problems.
Ask for help if you do not understand what this means.
If you misuse Glow then your access may be removed.’
It is very important that passwords are kept secure, and only shared with parents/carers, not with friends or siblings. Passwords can be changed at home if you wish to do so, and if forgotten can be reset in school if necessary. The username will be used by pupils throughout their time at school both primary and secondary.For security it is also important that after logging out of glow you close your browser.