Our Aims and Values
The School Aims are to fully develop in all pupils the four capacities of A Curriculum for Excellence:
To fully develop in all pupils the four capacities of ‘A Curriculum for Excellence’:
- Successful Learners
- Confident Individuals
- Effective Contributors
- Responsible Citizens
We aim to
- Ensure the delivery of high quality teaching and learning across the curriculum through staff development and distributed leadership within the framework of Learning to Achieve.
- Meet the individual learning needs of all pupils and provide additional support at all levels where necessary.
- Continually improve attainment in literacy and numeracy.
- Foster positive relationships with parents and other stakeholders in our school community and engage with them in decision making on key areas of school life.Give our pupils a meaningful ‘voice’ on all issues that affect them in school.
- Take a holistic approach in our care and welfare of all pupils and intervene early and appropriately to ensure their needs are being met and their welfare is the concern of all.
- Ensure ‘Success for All’ in celebrating and promoting achievement within and outwith school.
- Maintain and further develop our status as a ‘Health Promoting School’ taking into account all stakeholders in the school community.
In our school we will foster in all stakeholders the ability to receive and give rights.
We have adopted the Olympic and Paralympic values of: